A Ballymena Bride with an engagement ring that needs a clean before your big day? Are you unsure of how to care for your beautiful jewellery? Have you inherited some family heirlooms that need some TLC? Here are some tips to help your pieces retain their sparkle!
- Wear your jewellery when appropriate. Remove when gardening, cleaning, exercising or during any other rough physical work.
- Try not to wear it overnight.
- Don’t store jewellery near heating vents, on windowsills or in the bathroom. Seal in a bag to avoid damp hot conditions that can cause items to tarnish.
- Always use 100% cotton to clean jewellery.
- Jewellery can be cleaned using hot soap water and a soft toothbrush. Be sure rinse completely and dry thoroughly.
- If soapy water doesn’t clean a piece completely specialist jewellery cleaning solutions are available. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and be extra careful with anything that includes gemstones.
- Many gem stone and pearls can require specialist care and can be taken to a local jeweller for advice and help.
When cared for properly jewellery should always be eye-catching and impressive. Hopefully these jewellery cleaning tips will keep your pieces shining.
Jewellery Care – Ballymena